On this day in 1968, singers Johnny Cash and June Carter wed at a church in Franklin, Kentucky. A few months earlier the pair had performed together on stage for the album “At Folsom Prison”. The album is credited with transforming Cash’s career and still resonates today with a rawness and authenticity that few recordings have ever achieved. Listen to the song clips or buy the album at bit.ly/MLneJC, and sound off on your favorite Johnny Cash and June Carter songs.
- Remember this timeless movie?[small][i]“E.T. the Extra Terrestrial,” 1982[/i][small]
- Happy birthday Judy Garland![small][i]June 10th, 1922[/i][small]
- Remember this historic headline? [small][i]Secretariat wins Triple Crown, 1973[/i][small]
- Happy birthday Nancy Sinatra![small][i]June 8th, 1940[/i][small]
- Happy birthday Prince![small][i]June 7th, 1958[/i][small]